Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scoot Tuna Factoids

Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia

I've been tagged on Facebook, by my wife no less, to provide 25 Things About Me. So, being a two birds with one stone kind of guy, I thought I would post them here and make my Facebook friends read my post. The part I don't cherish is tagging 25 other people to do the same. That has all the appeal of a chain letter. Here's my 25.
  1. I've had five dogs in my life -- Snooper, Dusky (aka Sam), Bulgie, Callie and Maggie
  2. I believe that the toilet paper should roll forward off the top and not come from behind (no pun intended).
  3. Back in the day, there was a military draft. Teaching was an exempt status. Right after college, I taught 6th grade in an attempt to avoid the draft. It didn't work.
  4. In Viet Nam, I was a Vietnamese translator. I was awarded a Bronze Star for meritorious service.
  5. I died once.
  6. I knew my wife for less than three months before we were married.
  7. I'm a procrastinator. More about that later.
  8. I live my life with an attitude of gratitude.
  9. My favorite meal is turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. I used to order that at MOI.
  10. I studied photography at Maryland Institute of Art.
  11. I once captured a bat armed with a yard stick and wearing nothing more than a laundry basket on my head.
  12. I can wiggle my ears.
  13. I got my first pair of cowboy boots this past Christmas.
  14. We were married in the county court house. In attendance were my wife's parents and younger sister. When the clerk pronounced us married, Nancy's mother said to her, "Now you're Mrs. DAY."
  15. For a while, my hair was shoulder length.
  16. I'd like to be a good photographer.
  17. The movie Rudy chokes me up . . . every time.
  18. My parents offered to buy cigarettes for my brother and me so we would not have to sneak them. Consequently, neither of us ever smoked.
  19. It bothers me that some people in my profession cannot pronounce what they do. We're REALTORS (two syllables, real-tors, not real-a-tors). Doctors know they're not doc-a-tors; plumbers know they're not plum-a-bers. What's the problem?
  20. I never had a chocolate chip cookie I didn't like.
  21. Sometimes when I'm distracted, I put on two wristwatches . . . on the same arm.
  22. Briefs, not boxers.
  23. In high school, I went out for the football team. I was terrible, but did not want to quit. One day at practice, Buddy Tallman ran over me and I sprained my ankle really badly. I was on crutches, went to the games with the team and got lots of sympathy in school. The coach even commented on my commitment. I ate it up. The next year, I went out for band.
  24. In college, I played drums in a band called The Saturday Knights. If I took a date to a job, she had to sit in the back seat of my Volkswagen because the bass drum only fit in the front passenger seat.
  25. My middle name is Morris.

Want to know about the Wilmington NC real estate market? Ask me. Next time, photo tips. I promise.

No comments: